Lorenzo Sigue equalized after the ball popped out after a confrontation created by Tajae Turner. This goal was critical as we showed we can come back from a goal down.
I liked how we faced down a tougher opponent than BECA. We denied their star space most of the game.
What we will be working on this week:
- Making good marking decisions amongst our back four. Aaron marks the central man, Collin or Dave the outside man. I do not want Robby man-marking as he is responsible for over the top and thru balls.
- Communication still needs to improve.
- We were down on possession against FCA and we need to improve that balance of direct play and possession. We were too much of a kick and get team on friday. Not enough possession.
- Getting wingbacks better involved in possession, build-up, and offensive play.
- The geronimo press…marking off available outlets and forcing low percentage direct play from opponent.
- Adapting to speed of high quality opponent. FCA was able to one touch a number of balls thru and up and this caught us on the back foot.
Excited for 1 week till opener. Let’s have a great week of practice!!